Name:
Location: New York, United States

My name is Danny. I'm a writer/journalist in NYC. I just came back from a few years in Asia working there. I'm a true NY'er, I love the arts, musuems, cafes.I'm more poet philospher than writer/novelist. I like lounges over clubs, quiet cafes over clubs and great conversations. I'm as normal as one can be I guess, except for the traveling, that I do too much. I have a sarcastic streak that rears its ugly head but eh, what r u gonna do? A sharp mind and cool wit is a great thing.

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Internet Stalkers, And Freaks from San Jose, Finally I Get Stalked!!!! Sam I Am!!!

Finally I am being stalked!!! Yeah for me, after all these years, finally, someone...someone has the time, the sad little life to stalk me. Sadly it isn't a blonde with a nice body, nor is it a cute redhead no, no its a guy named Sam Pincus of San Jose.....A big round of applause to Sam! Yeah Sam!!!! See Sam is upset because a girl doesn't like him...awwwwww. But Sam being the fertile, virile man that he is starts calling her, and professes his undying love to her..awwwww. But no avail, our hero Sam, is left in the cold. Does he drink? No. Does he write crappy love poems? No. Does he threaten to call her husband? Does start calling at weird hours of the day? Does he become hostile online, starts calling her names? Yes, yes and yes. So I your lowly and humble hero, decides enough is enough, my friend is in pain, she's about to cry, so I tell her to call Sam on three way (gotta love technology) and I begin to tell said Sam to back the f' off. A few more things said, I must admit at 2am last night I was buzzed been out with the guys. His best come back? Making fun fun of my NY accent? Ummm wow. He says I sound like a girl? Ladies and Gentleman, Sam Pincus of San jose, here all week, no cover charge. You would think this would be over....not for our friend Sam, no no, Sam proceeds to get this, get a myspace account and then finds me here!!! I know what you're thinking, but I won't give it up on the first email treat. Yes, our man Sam of San Jose, tracks me down and sends a message, here, on myspace.....Apparently he has nothing better to do in life.....So what is the end result? What will our hero Sam and his nemisis, moi do? Well from this point every message, email he sends me I will put it up on my blog here and on blogspot and msnspaces. As to show the world that Sam Pincus is a manly man, a man who knows how to stalk, a man who with 5 minutes and a fast modem, he too can stalk you. Ladies beware he's a charmer. By the way Sam I am, I wonder if Cathy, asuming Cathy is a real person and not the name of your blowup doll, knows what kind of person you are...hmmmm....... oh and here is what Sam I am wrote to me Tom if you catch this I'm doing a public service announcement:
From: SamDate: Apr 12, 2006 2:22 AM
Silly boy...come on little man...I can see why you write as opposed to speak. You sound like a little girl. Anyhow, should you ever feel passionate enough to share some words with me face to face, we can arrange that. Otherwise, don't waste my time being brave over the phone.
His profile is at http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=58040619 but don't expect alot he just opened his account today...give him sometime before to long he'll have the number stalking song of all time as his music video, "Every breath you take" and yes its about stalking and not about love....jeeze...
So there has to a moral right? I mean I just wouldn't write all that without having a point? A witty, sarcastic yet in depth comment about how this little situation is a microcosm of a bigger larger issue....ok you got me...there is.
With the world getting smaller through technological advances, one of the things to go out the window is privacy. While real life stalkers that follow you and track you down at home are more dangerous than online stalkers, the added spped and vastness of cyberspace has made you easily available for stalking. The internet is freedom, freedom for you, me and the pedophiles and Sam Pincus' of the world. It starts out innocently enough, you're in chatroom, a blog space something. You exchange emails, you im each other you may even take the next step call...but when things go wrong, your life becomes an episode of 90210. The hate mail starts coming, then comes photos and nastiness. Next thing you know you dread opening the email. Luckily you can block said psycho, but if its that easy to track someone down on myspace, or a quick google, then isn't it possible no matter how remote for this person to track you down at home? Answer yes.
Recently there have been reports about online predators and pedophiles that are online. They appear in chatrooms, mesage boards, your kid's friend list on myspace. They seem and even look like your neighbor, your kid's teacher nd sadly...they are. The are parasites and feed off the vulnerablity of kids, like online stalkers the avaialbility of their target is as vast as cyberspace itself. The rest of society is trying to keep up with the pace of technology, new laws have been signed to punish online stalkers, sting operations have netted hundreds of online pedophiles, but it barely makes a dent in the armor. There is no real way to protect yourself from predators and freaks like the guy from San Jose, all you can do is try and stay safer, or you can take the high road and try to ignore them...as for myself, Sam Pincus of San Jose....you started something with me that you shouldn't have.....before long you're gonna be as famous as Brian Peppers, go google that......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home